This site will track the progress of the bio.display project – a project aiming at creating a dynamic display made of fluorescent bacteria. The project is done mostly by Ákos Maróy under an Artist in Residence program at The Arts & Genomics Center in Leiden, the Netherlands.The aim of the bio.display project is to blur the distinction between artificial and natural.
See the concept page for an overview of the concept of this project.
Project participants and contributors:
- Jos Arents – Swammerdam Institute of Life Sciences, University of Amsterdam
- Jaqap Brouwer – Professor Molecular Genetics, Scientific Director Leiden Institute of Chemistry
- Bastiaan Ekeler – intern, Waag FabLab
- Luca Evers – Waag
- Huub de Groot – Professor Biophysical Organic Chemistry, Leiden University
- Klaas Hellingwerf – Swammerdam Institute of Life Sciences, University of Amsterdam
- Anne Kienhuis – Scientific manager TAGC, molecular biologist
- Ákos Maróy – Tyrell Hungary, Artist in Lab TAGC March – June
- Péter Maróy – Genetics Department, University of Szeged
- Jean-Michel Molenaar – Waag FabLab
- Pál Ormos – Institute of Biophysics, Biological Research Center of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences
- Vincent van Rixel – Material Science Student at the Leiden University
- Alex Schaub – Waag FabLab
- Maarten de Smit – Molecular Genetics, Leiden Institute of Chemistry
- Joeri Verasdonck – Material Science Student at the Leiden University
- Cor van der Weele – Associate researcher TAGC, Assistant Professor Philosophy, Wageningen University
- Rob Zwijnenberg – Director TAGC, Professor Faculty of Arts, Leiden University
Drop me an e-mail if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.